The sweaty version of me

The sweaty version of me
let's face it... exercise isn't pretty, especially when the bouncing stops after you do.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 6... only 24 freakin miserable days left.

There are certain phrases that Jillian uses throughout her workout video that catch my imagination and cause me to think things that don't belong in an exercise routine.  For instance, when attempting to dissuade us from quitting, Jillian often says, "Don't phone it in."  I don't know what that means!  Phone what in?  Is she talking about take-out?  Is she talking about pizza...  from Pizza Hut, with extra crispy deep dish crust dripping with butter, cheese and pepperoni grease?  How am I suppose to stay committed to this dogone workout if she keeps talking about PIZZA!?!

Heres another example.  Jillian says "if you're on day 5, 6, 7, 8 you are already starting to see results!"  What?!?!  Seriously?  Just what kind of results is she expecting me to see?  Has the concave of my belly button reached less than a 1.5 inch depth yet?  Nope.  When I sit, do I still see a bulge over my pants like the edge of a hard-packed ice cream cone (with butter pecan and carmel in it, topped with chocolate sprinkles, in a waffle cone.... oh.  I digress)?  Yes - I still have the bulge.  Do my inner thighs still rub together when I walk?  YES, gall-darn-it!  YES.

If I am being honest, I must admit I do see some results.  I....
1)  Can no longer lift my leg high enough to step on to the bathroom scale.
2)  Must call the cleaners to wash the sweat smell from the couch I land on after working out.
3)  Am painfully more aware that my toes won't be touchable until the inner tube is gone, and
4)  Am choosing clothing to wear based on minimal effort required to get dressed.

Any words of wisdom out there?  I could use the encouragement.  Like I said, there are 24 flippin days left of this particular video and I can't see the end in sight.  Help me out a little, k?

Maybe we could meet up at a donut shop and talk :)

5 comments:

  1. Now I've got eat before I can accomplish anything. [DiGorno Cheese Stuffed Crust: three meats plus jalepeno with extra cheese - 'shredded' cheddar with habanero for me, and veggie supreme with extra five cheese topping 'shredded' cheddar with habanero for your mother]

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been 26 & 1/ hours since your last entry ... It appears as though you have 'SHRED' Jillian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I exercised... I just didn't blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason and I are doing P90X. We've been doing the workouts since February, the diet since April (apparently insane workouts aren't enought for us to lose weight). He has been at his goal for weeks. I'm only half way there.

    I hate working out. After four months, it still feels terrible every time. Some people just don't have the feel good when exercising gene, and, unfortunately, I think it is a Martin family trait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Storm! Welcome to the blog! Tell me more about P90X. Maybe I can add it to my short list of exercise videos I want to watch (from a sitting position, with a big bowl of buttery popcorn on my lap).

    By the way, you have a fab bod. If it can jump out of an airplane, then it rocks.

    ReplyDelete