The sweaty version of me

The sweaty version of me
let's face it... exercise isn't pretty, especially when the bouncing stops after you do.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

That girl.... (entry 1)

You know that girl who had a bbbbf (beautiful, bone-thin, busty, best friend) all through middle school and high school that served as a means to an end for all her potential boy friends? You know... the girl who played sports because she happened to be good at it, but never uttered the dreaded "That felt great!" after busting her butt doing wind-sprints? She is the one who only broke a sweat because she had to ... never because it felt good (ewww). That girl is me.

I am the girl who knows she's got some pounds to shave, but never lets it stop her from one more Krispy Kreme donut. I am the girl who used to host the exercise groups at her own home because her friends knew she wouldn't come to the exercise... the exercise had to come to her. I truly believe that parking my car an extra spot away from the restaurant entrance entitles me to dip my fries in ranch dressing instead of ketchup. And, I am the girl who has found a million and one reasons to NOT exercise in the last two years. Yup. That's me.

So, before starting the exercise video called "30 Day Shred" with the nazi of all sickly smiley body-builder trainers, Jillian Michaels (even her name sounds masochistic), I thought I would start a blog and beg and plead with friends and strangers to show me support and keep me going. Jillian says I can lose UP TO 20 POUNDS IN 30 DAYS!!!!! (insert echoed monster-truck voice). I don't expect to lose 20 pounds in 30 days, but I also don't expect to succeed without a little help from my friends... and strangers. , This size 18 body could stand to lose any pounds willing to jump ship. Swim for shore, cellulite. This girl is getting serious.

It's you and me, Jillian. Bring it.


2 comments:

  1. yay for you, MarlaMoo! :) (I was going to put: "yay, for you, Moo," but I thought people would think that I was calling you cow). :) Anyhoo, I'm with you & maybe this project will inspire me too... I'm getting bigger and more discouraged by the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the last time I try to comment, if it doesn't work ... your loss!

    I still have and know how to snap my whip. [ask you mother] Say the word and I make certain you will hear the CRACKkkkk.

    ReplyDelete