The sweaty version of me

The sweaty version of me
let's face it... exercise isn't pretty, especially when the bouncing stops after you do.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Just so no one accuses me of cheating :)

Ok.  Let me explain.  I started the 30 day Shred on May 25th.  It wasn't until the next day that I started blogging, after my second workout.  So, I am truly on day 5, even though this is only my fourth posting.  I am glad that you asked since I needed to keep track for my own records.  I can hardly keep track of my age, let alone the number of consecutive days in the shredder.

Speaking of shredder... it's interesting the Jillian chose the word SHRED rather than shed.  When I think of shred, I envision paper going into a skinny slit and coming out in pieces.  That happens every time I try to slip into my wedding dress, except it's the dress that comes out in pieces.  Of course, a word like "shed" is too soft for this trainer of steal.  Shedding is too easy.  Horses do it.  Dogs do it.  Cats do it.  Even snakes do it.  Jillian wouldn't want us to be mistaken, believing that exercising and losing weight are as easy as changing your underwear (although, this household of boys seems to think changing one's underwear is as impossible as getting the dirty ones into the hamper consistently).  No girly, soft, squishy words like "shedding" are allowed in this exercise video.  No, friends.  With Jillian as our captain, we shred our bodies into shape.  This serves to confirm my suspicion that she was the bully from my grade school years.  I thought I saw that 'evil-eyed' glare before.

Ok, it's time to hit the showers.  Last night, after a very long day followed by the longest twenty minutes of my life in the shredder, I skipped the shower and hit the pillow.  That means I have a filmy two-day layer of sweat and dirt on this body.  Better get the ajax.

1 comment:

  1. Seems to me it is easier and quicker to snip than shed or shred! Everyone to their own taste of poison.

    ReplyDelete