The sweaty version of me

The sweaty version of me
let's face it... exercise isn't pretty, especially when the bouncing stops after you do.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

This is getting old

This whole exercise thing is getting old, and I only started 10 days ago.  Looking for a little encouragement, I told my eccentric exercising friend, Jes, that I was struggling to exercise every day and she said "Oh, yeah!  My first month was horrible!"  Great to hear it, Jes.  Thanks.  Misery is an expectation.  I'm right on track.  Seeing the look of disappointment on my face, she tried to encourage me by adding "BUT... by month 5 it's GREAT!"  What?  Seriously?  5 months of this?  I only signed on for the 30 day Shred.  Nobody said ANYTHING about 5 months!

Speaking of getting old... my knees are getting old.  They keep creaking like a rusty bike chain or a rocking chair on an old wood floor.  My bobby's have a tendency to give me black eyes (Thanks for the imagery, Momma Jill VZ).  When I tuck in my shirt, I have to start by tucking in my belly awning.  That wasn't there when I was young.  And, I have chaffing in places that were never meant to touch.

Another thing that's getting old is the stinking video.  Tomorrow I get to move to the second exercise cycle.  It couldn't come soon enough.  I have started lip syncing Jillian when she talks to the camera and to her minions.  She affectionately refers to them as "buddy" - but she says it in a mob-boss kind of way. "Isn't that right, Buddy?", she says.  I can hear the undertone...."isn't that right, buddy?  say it's right or I'll introduce your head to my little friend called Hand-weight.  tell the listening audience how much you love to exercise, and nobody gets a high kick to the abs, got it?"

Ok, this post is getting old.  See ya next time.

6 comments:

  1. Marla - omg this cracked me up so hard! LOL....ok but here's the deal - by a month, you really mean a lifetime change of health for you, right?? :):) Ok seriously it really gets a TON better when YOU notice the changes yourself. That really encourages you to say "damn, i'm worth this and i'm looking good so I'm going to keep going". SO girl - keep going!!

    I read this before my run tonight in the ran and prayed for you....some days of running are nothing but the grace of Christ. Some days I feel SO alive. I pray you catch the "bug" and find that it is so important to who YOU really are!

    LOVE YOU LADY. LOVED lunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved lunch, too, friend. Let's make a habit of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. During swim practices, when we had multiple sets of something to do, I would pass the time by figuring how much of what I've done was left to do. (and by telling myself jokes, making up songs, or daydreaming about what I could eat for dessert that night. Mostly inside jokes with myself though...) Anyhow, along that line, you only have to do what you've already done, two more times! You can do that! Then, after a few more days, you'll only have to do what you've already done, one more time! Then, it's all downhill. Half of what you've already done, only a third of what you've done, a fifth of what you've done, it gets better and better! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, Marla. with friends like these - I would love to read some comments from your enemies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erinn - thank you for the advice. I will have lots of time to put it into practice of the next twenty days of hell. :)

    Gracee- glad you like the blue. I need a little spice on the page. BTW - you are the blogger queen... how do I put a counter on the blog to see how many visitors I have every day?

    MUOC - I have very compassionate friends. I wish my family would learn from them :)

    ReplyDelete